Title: Early Childhood Director Job Description
Requirements and Qualifications:
1. Must support the biblical doctrine as embraced by Baker City Christian.
2. Must have a love for and ability to work with young children.
3. Must be at least 18 years of age.
4. Must have a basic knowledge of first aid and a Red Cross first aid card or be willing to take training to obtain it. The church will pay for training in this area.
5. Must pass a background check, read and sign the risk management policy, and complete a W-4 form.
6. Training and experience in Children’s Ministry are preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee the Cry Room, Nursery and preschool programs including;
- Recruit and train nursery and preschool volunteers as well as serve in the nursery when needed, make sure toys are clean, and nursery and preschool programs are supplied.
- Help with weekly tasks of Children’s Ministry (download, print & organize curriculum, parent resources and media(videos & FB Page)
- Partner with Beth to oversee any mid-week programs, help with annual VBS, help plan events for volunteers, kids and families, as well as any other projects related to Children’s Ministry.
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Stock and clean the Cry Room
- Begin live stream on TV in Cry Room Sunday mornings
- Accountable directly to the Children’s Director and then to the Lead Pastor, cooperating fully with the church leaders for the good of the church.
Salary and Benefits: The pay for this position is on an hourly basis, based on experience between $16-$18 per hour. 8-10 hrs a week
Vacation: Part time employees shall receive 1 week paid vacation after the 1st year of service, and 1 ½ weeks after five years of service. The time of vacation will be planned in advance and approved by the Lead Pastor and the Elders. Vacation time awarded in any given year may be carried over, but must be used the following year.